YAI Practice Code
This Code is a summation and declaration of acceptable, ethical, and professional behavior which all Certified Yoga Teachers (CYT) and Certified Yoga Schools (CYS) agree to follow.
Code Of Practice
As a member of Yoga Alliance International and as a Certified Yoga Teacher (CYT) or representative of a Certified Yoga School (CYS), I agree to uphold the ethical goals set forth below in the Code of practice:
1. Uphold the integrity of my vocation by always behaving in a professional and conscientious manner.
2. Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and when required, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction.
3. Create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
4. Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or sexual orientation.
5. Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
6. Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to yoga teaching and business.
Schools or teachers found to be in violation of this Code of Practice as determined by YAI will be de-certified and debarred from using any YAI symbols or materials.